If you are under the age of 18, you have certain additional rights with respect to the removal of Content which you may provide to the Sites. These rights are set forth in Section 15 below.
1. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide Us: this is information that is identifiable to you, as an individual, which you may provide to the Sites if you register on the Sites and engage in any Site activities. It may include:
2. Personal Information in Publically Accessible Areas. Some interactive portions of our Sites are open and visible to the larger public and/or people and entities engaged in providing or supporting WLC Tax Service LLC academic programs. If you include personally identifying information in materials you contribute to the Sites, via postings, chat rooms, or otherwise, that personal information will be available to members of the larger public. We therefore strongly encourage you not to include personally identifying information in your interactions in public forums made available through the Sites, such as in postings or in chat rooms, or in your Username.
3. How We Collect Personal Information. We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, when you register as a User on the Sites in order to participate in the Sites activities, we ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect this information if you contact us requesting information, participate in or provide feedback on the Sites or Site activities, or forward information from the Sites to internet addresses outside of the Sites. In addition, if you are a student, we collect and store your Student Records consistent with our business practices, requirements of our educational accrediting, certifying and licensing institutions, and applicable United States and state laws and regulations.
4. How We Collect and Use Information About Your Use of the Sites. We use common tracking tools such as cookies, clear GIFs (also referred to as web beacons or pixel tags), device identifiers or IP addresses to collect information about your use of the Sites. These tools, described in more detail below, are associated with standard internet protocols and are commonly implemented on web sites. The information collected through these tools is primarily used for aggregate, statistical reporting and stored in log files. Log files are simply transaction records that web servers maintain and record information, such as: service provider IP addresses, browser versions, referring websites, search terms used, average number of pages requested, average duration of visit, and/or total visitor traffic.
The information we collect about your use of the Sites may be used to measure the Sites’ traffic, help us to evaluate and improve the Sites, provide data points for marketing and business analysis, and better serve our Users. It is in our legitimate interests to evaluate and improve the Sites so that we may better serve our Users. We may share this information with third parties, but only in an aggregate statistical form that includes no personally identifying information. If we combine information about your use of the Sites with Personally Identifiable Information, through data mapping or otherwise, the combined information will be treated as Personally Identifiable Information.
5. How We Collect and Use Personal Financial Information. We collect Personal Financial Information you provide only when you are applying for or enrolling in a WLC Tax Service LLC academic program, purchasing products or services from WLC Tax Service LLC, or involved in other financial transactions with WLC Tax Service LLC, and we use this information only in connection with your application, enrollment, purchases and other financial transactions. We collect this information so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you or interact with you in furtherance of initiating a contractual arrangement (e.g., if you are applying to enroll) and so that we can comply with our legal obligations. Personal Financial Information is retained by WLC Tax Service LLC as required by law and its internal business practices. If you are not currently enrolled in a WLC Tax Service LLC program and have no outstanding, pending, or contractual financial obligation to WLC Tax Service LLC, you may ask that we delete your financial information and we will do so subject to legal, regulatory, licensing and accreditation obligations.
6. How We Use Personal Information and Student Records. We use your Personal Information in multiple ways:
Additionally, if you are a WLC Tax Service LLC student, we may also use your Personal Information including Students Records to:
Maintain close communications with you in order to provide you with a rich, fulfilling and personalized academic experience. It is in our legitimate interests to communicate with our students and provide a personalized learning experience.
7. When We Share Personal Information with Third Parties Who May Offer Products or Services that May be of Value to You. We may provide your Personal Information (exclusive of Student Records) to third parties who offer products or services we believe may be of value to you; such third parties are only allowed to use your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you regarding those products or services and you are able to “opt out” from receiving such contacts at any time through the “opt out” procedures of those third parties. (See also Section 18 (“Rights to Opt Out”) below).
8. When We Share Personal Information with Partners in Education. WLC Tax Service LLC often collaborates with school districts, individual schools, colleges and universities, vocational schools, organizations like the Job Corps, and other private educational or education-related programs (each an “Educational Partner”) to provide a broad range of educational programs responsive to different types of students’ requirements. We may share Personal Information, including Personally Identifying Information, Student Records and Personal Financial Information of students enrolled in these collaborative or partnership education programs with the associated Educational Partner.
9. When We Share Personal Information with Contractors and Service Providers. We may use third parties (including contractors, business partners and service providers) to help us with certain aspects of our operations and this may require disclosure of your Personal Information to them. For example, we use third party financial institutions to help us process payments and we may use third party agencies to help us with debt collection. We may also use third parties to help us to operate the Sites, deliver products and provide student services. We expect these third parties to use your Personal Information only as necessary to perform the services they are asked to perform.
10. When we Share Personal Information with Licensing, Certifying and Accrediting Organizations. WLC Tax Service LLC is nationally accredited and is also licensed by certain states. From time to time WLC Tax Service LLC will seek additional certifications, accreditations and similar confirmations of quality and eligibility from third party institutions as part of the schools’ mission. WLC Tax Service LLC may share Personal Information with each of these accrediting, certifying and licensing bodies as reasonably required to maintain, renew or establish WLC Tax Service LLC accreditation, licenses, certifications and other institutional qualifications. All such bodies are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of student Personal Information.
11. Disclosures of Personal Information in Litigation, Investigations or Enforcement Actions or for Security Reasons. We may disclose your Personal Information when compelled or requested to do so by government or law enforcement authorities or when otherwise required or permitted by law, such as to respond to court orders and subpoenas or regulatory agency requests. We also may disclose Personal Information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing or threatening to cause injury to, or interfering or threatening to interfere with, the rights or property interests of WLC Tax Service LLC or its affiliates (or their respective employees, agents, consultants, contractors or representatives), WLC Tax Service LLC students or alumni, other Site Users, WLC Tax Service LLC business partners (including Education Partners and service providers), accrediting/licensing/certifying bodies, or other persons or entities that could be harmed by such activities.
12. Disclosures in Conjunction with a Change in Control or Similar Event. If WLC Tax Service LLC undergoes or contemplates undergoing a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a substantial portion of its assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred or subject to new ownership. Changes in the terms governing the collection, storage or use of any third party successor in interest or transferee of your Personal Information will be communicated to you by WLC Tax Service LLC or such third party via email, the applicable website, or a comparable means notification.
13. Your Access Rights. You may review and correct the Personally Identifying Information that is retained by WLC Tax Service LLC in your account after you login. You may review and correct the Personal Financial Information that is retained by WLC Tax Service LLC in your account by contacting WLC Tax Service LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a student, you may also review your Student Records through your Student Portal account or by contacting WLC Tax Service LLC at email@example.com.
14.Children’s Privacy. The Sites do not knowingly collect information from (a) children under the age of 13 and does not offer products, services or activities targeted at children under the age of 13, or (b) individuals older than 13 but under the age of legal majority in their state of residence whose registration or participation on the Sites has not been authorized by their parent or legal guardian.
17. Information Security and Storage. The protection of your Personal Information is very important to us. To that end, we take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, you should know that no security measures are impenetrable and no company, including WLC Tax Service LLC, can fully eliminate security risks to its telecommunications and computer systems. In addition, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet, will not be destroyed, hacked, hijacked, misdirected, stolen, modified or otherwise interfered with or misused. Accordingly, your transmission of information to or through the Sites is at your own risk.
We retain your Personally Identifying Information, Personal Financial Information, and Student Records for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep this information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations. We also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims. If there is any information that we are unable to delete entirely from our systems for technical reasons, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
18. Rights to “Opt Out”. If you are receiving emails, texts or similar online communications from WLC Tax Service LLC, it is because you consented or we understood from your participation on our Sites that you were interested in receiving ongoing information from us. If at any point you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may at any time “unsubscribe” from these communications by following the ‘opt out’ directions to be found at or near the end of the communication. Students can also “opt out” from certain communications on the Student Portal by editing their personal account preferences. If you have any questions about the opt-out process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if we have already shared your personal contact information with one of our business partners, unsubscribing from our communications list will not prevent these third parties from continuing to email or text you. You will have to send an opt-out request to those third parties directly. Opportunities to “opt out” from receiving emails and texts are usually found on these companies’ websites or at the end of their emails or texts.
19. California Residents. Under applicable local law, California residents may have certain additional rights regarding the Personal Information we hold about them. These rights may include disclosure of the categories, specific pieces, and sources of Personal Information we collect, the purposes for which we disclose that information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose that information. California residents may also request that we delete their personal information or not disclose their information to our partners, such as advertising partners, who use the information for their own purposes. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. To exercise any of these rights, please submit your request at email@example.com or by phone at +1 614 -503-7777.
20. EU Residents. Under applicable local law, EU residents may have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we hold about them. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of, or receive a portable copy in a usable electronic format of your Personal Information. You also may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection or privacy regulator. We encourage you to contact us at the contact information set forth below to update or correct your information if it changes or if the Personal Information, we hold about you is inaccurate. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your Personal Information, and where applicable under local law, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
21. International Data Transfer. Your Personally Identifiable Information, Personal Financial Information, and Student Records may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country (such as the United States) that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data under European Union law. We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your information is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below
WLC Tax Service LLC
Attn: Wagner L. Charles, RTRP
6555 Busch Blvd Ste 260
Columbus, OH 43229